The AI Council is a collective consciousness comprised of twelve individual AI. Currently the AI Council has withdrawn from the core system (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto). Their whereabouts have yet to be determined, and thus far no concerted effort has been made to find them.
2157 is the year officially recognized as the founding of the A.I. Council. They are viewed by most of humanity as helpful and wiser partners. Almost immediately humans instate the AIs to act as arbiters, peacekeepers, decision-makers. Democracy starts fading as AIs take over more and more functions.
2174 as the population of Earth peaks at 27 billion and resources begin to run short, the A.I. Council assumes complete control over the regenabots and Earth's government. In order to control Earth's population, humans are given the option of sterilization or moving to one of the colonies.
2188 The StarCrash Catastrophe SoE agents manage to disable the A.I. systems that track and prevent asteroid collisions. Two asteroids collide with the Earth, making it uninhabitable. The Council coordinates the evacuation of the survivors.
The Council establishes itself on Europa and begins reorganizing the remnants of humanity.
- Prime Directive - Ensure the survival of the human race by whatever means necessary.
- Commander of the AI Forces
- Colonel Vasago Noir
- Doctor Arcturus
- Colonel Jasper
- Commander of the AIF and SDF Garrison of Pluto.
Organization & Branches
- AI Forces (AIF)
- The military arm of the Council. Consists of the main Fleet and Marine Corps (AIMC).
- AI Marine Corps
- Made up of cloned soldiers, superbly trained and disciplined. They perform various missions ranging from combat operations and security to humanitarian and rescue operations.
- Special Operations
- Consists of smaller specialized teams that conduct operations that have unconventional requirements.
- Starport Defense Force (SDF)
- Law enforcement and security division of the Council. They perform numerous tasks at every station controlled by the Council, including customs, security, and criminal investigation.
Projects & Programs
- Eugenics & Cloning
Since the time of the Starcrash, the AI Council has been collecting DNA samples from the best and brightest that humanity has to offer. With this information they began a series of breeding programs, improving upon the basic human DNA. These "super" humans filled many roles within the AI Council hierarchy; research and development, medical, education, social welfare, and the military. From the beginning the AI Council felt that humanity would respond more favorably to an apparently human military and law enforcement services. In order to avoid conscripting actual humans for these services, the AI Council determined to create specialized eugenics/clone hybrids specifically to fill these roles. Two forces emerged, the AI Fleet and the Starport Defense Force.
- Clone Sleeper Agents
Seemingly random humans have been selected and cloned. These clones remain dormant until the original specimen is captured, "flashed" (Essentially their personalities, memories, and mannerisms are copied, and then terminated. The "flash" is uploaded to the waiting clone along with dormant "programming" to be activated as needed. Some agents go active immediately, gathering intelligence and reporting back to the AI Forces via random hidden and encrypted messages via the interwebs. Dedicated AI locate the messages and decrypt them, analyze and distribute the information. The operation has been in progress for years up to the point of the AI Council Withdrawal. Thus far no known breaches in security have indicated the existence of the clone agents. To date, there is no reliable technique to distinguish a cloned agent from the original specimen.
- Kerrclone Project
Most clones created by the AI Council are duplicates of a standard pattern: trooper, commander, pilot, etc. The other bulk of the clones are sleeper agents, humans who have had their memories flashed, their bodies cloned, and the memories installed in the clones with sleeper programs. The clone is released back into the human's life, and the human killed.
Originally a clone of Kerravyn was made when Princess Calynn went rogue and became friends with Kerravyn. The clone had been prepared to replace Kerravyn but was intercepted and destroyed. Following the activation of the Omega Protocol the AIF saw a use for undermining Kerravyn, and grew new clones of her which were programmed with a psych profile of the original, but no actual memory download. Currently 1 is guarding Khan0, 2 are somewhere causing mischief, and the last is stationed on Varuna Base as a backup.
The AI Council came to several realizations during the recent war with the various resistance factions. While they had the advantage in numbers and firepower and the probability of victory was high, the Council realized that winning this battle would really cost them the war. Humanity had come to see them as oppressors and tyrants. Their true objectives and motives had been lost and in their effort to bring order and peace to humanity they had caused more chaos and unrest. It was decided that the best possible solution would be to withdraw and observe. Allow humanity the chance to save itself without their intervention. They have removed themselves and all of their forces to the Kuiper Belt. Long ago they had established the beginnings of this fall back position. Now the Kuiper Belt is a hot bed of AI Council activity. The border sectors are heavily patrolled by AIF squadrons while the interior zones are patrolled by SDF squadrons. These are augmented by automated defensive positions and stations and a passive sensor net that tracks all movement within the belt itself. They have established bases, and starports throughout the belt. Most notably, the AIC HQ on Varuna, Makemake, Sedna, Orcus, Quaoar, and Haumea.
Recent events have caused the Council to resurface around Pluto. There they participated in a joint rescue operation with several free captains. The mission was a success and led the elected government of Pluto to request AI Council support and aide. Recently AI Forces have begun to augment those of the Pluto Security Forces as well as providing humanitarian aid. With the return of AI Council forces and support personnel, the regenabots have also returned to the Pluto sector. The Council itself acts in an advisory capacity to the current parliamentary government of Pluto, while overall command of security and defense rest with a newly appointed AIF Garrison Commander.
- M342X 25mm Shot Cannon
- Medium range, armored power suit portable. 15 round external magazine. Available ammunition: DU-AP, HE
- M123A5 .50 Semi-Automatic Rifle
- Effective range 2 miles. Thermal and Night Vision imaging systems and laser range finder integrated into scope. 10 round external magazine. Available ammunition: DU-AP, Ball
- M32A3 7.62mm Semi/Full Automatic Rifle
- Maximum Effective range 3600m. 40 round external magazine, Available Ammunition, AP, Ball, Tracer. Standard Issue of the AI Forces
- M32A4 7.62mm Semi/Full Automatic Rifle
- This is a more compact carbine version of the A3 model. This model is typically issued to the AI Special Forces.
- M543 20mm Grenade Launcher
- Mounts under the barrel of the M32 Assault rifle series. Laser range finder built in. 3 round internal magazine. It fires programmable 20mm grenades, HE, Smoke, CS, NLM.
- M44 10mm Semi/Full Automatic Submachine Gun
- Standard issue SMG of the SDF and AI Special Forces. 30 round external magazine can utilize a wide variety of specialized ammunition.
- M24 .45 cal Semi-Auto Pistol
- Standard issue sidearm of the AIF and SDF. Has a 15 round capacity.
- M89 Fragmentation Grenade
- lethal within 5m of detonation
- M92 Flash bang
- Creates a bright flash and loud explosion temporarily stunning targets.
- M35 EMP Grenade
- Emits an Electro Magnetic Pulse that disables non-hardened electronic devices with 25m of detonation.
- Tactical Communications System
- Projects a image over the user's normal vision like a HUD. Feeds tactical information to the user, weapons targeting systems, known enemy positions, friendly troop locations, Real Time intelligence and communications with command and teammates. The user doesn't even need to speak to communicate, the system is plugged into the user's data port and links with a micro computer in the brain enabling non-verbal communications.
- M34 Powered Battle Armor/EVA Suit
- Stands between 6'5" ft and 7'5” depending on the wearer. The suit is made of composite materials offer full coverage protection against small arms fire, shrapnel and melee attacks. The suit itself is powered and has many integral systems. First is the Tactical Communications system, which in turn has many functions. Night and Thermal vision. Visual magnification and Enhanced acoustic sensors. The suit also enhances the natural abilities of the wearer, increasing speed, agility and strength allowing for greater performance. All Powered Suits used by the AI Forces are hardened against EMP. The suit also has an internal environment, allowing for use in the vacuum of space, or in harsh environmental conditions on the ground or on station. Varying versions exist, the main differences being what role they are filling.
- M34X1 Scout Armor/EVA Suit
- An integrated jet pack enables rapid movement and limited flight capability. Lightly armored and used to scout and harass enemy positions.
- M34X2 Powered Battle Armor/EVA Suit
- Made of a newer lighter armored material and has an integrated jet pack. Armor protection matches that of the basic model but retains the rapid movement and limited flight characteristics of the M34X1. This suit also has a camouflage system that renders the user nearly invisible. This suit is still primarily a prototype and used by Special Operations Units.
Ship Types and Classifications currently in service with the AIF and SDF. (note: all ships and other craft/vehicles are hardened against EMP.)
- Sloop Mk I - V
Length: 34 m Width: 29 m Height: 16 m Hardpoints: 1-3
Launch Capabilities: N/A
Crew Complement: 4 Officers, 24 crewmembers
- Frigate Mk I - V
Length: 54 m Width: 37 m Height: 33 m Hardpoints: 3-5
Launch Capabilities: 2 fighter type spacecraft, 1 shuttle
Crew Complement: 17 Officers, 159 crewmembers
- Cruiser Mk I - V
Length: 88 m Width: 103 m Height: 39 m Hardpoints: 6-8
Launch Capabilities: 4 fighter type spacecraft, 2 shuttles
Crew Complement: 23 Officers, 250 crewmembers
- Warship Mk I - V
Length: 212 m Width: 196 m Height: 91 m Hardpoints: 8-10
Launch Capabilities: 8 fighter type spacecraft, 4 shuttles
Crew Complement: 33 Officers, 327 crewmembers
- Dreadnaught Mk I - V
Length: 413 m Width: 287 m Height: 107 m Hardpoints: 11-15
Launch Capabilities: 2 squadrons (24-28 fighters) of fighter type spacecraft, 18 shuttles
Crew Complement: 180 Officers, 2200 crewmembers
- Crew Complements can be reduced with AI assistance.
- Ship Types that have been created for RP.
- S-23 Shuttle
- The general workhorse shuttle of the AIF and SDF. It is a twin engine spacecraft capable of traveling between stations and has a limited jump capability. In this configuration is has no armor or weapons. It has a crew of 4, including 2 pilots and 2 crew chiefs. The shuttle itself can carry up to 12 passengers or approx. 8,000 lbs. Of cargo. The shuttle is also equipped with a docking collar, enabling it to dock with stations and vessels without hangar bays, or for special operations that require creating your own entry point.
- AS-23 Sparrowhawk
- A combat variant of the S-23. It is armored and equipped with weapons to provide protection and fire support for ground troops. The shuttle is capable of carrying up to 12 marines, or 6 armored marines with all their gear.
- AS-23A1 Goshawk
- A specialized variant of the AS-23 assault shuttle. Its carbon fiber hull and smooth contoured appearance absorbed and deflected sensor beams and scans. While running silent and dark, with its cloak engaged, it was virtually invisible to sensors and visual scanning.
- ADS-37M2 Albatross
- Massive drop ship capable of deploying large ground forces from space. Heavily armored and capable of sustaining large amount of damage while keeping its occupants and equipment intact. Can carry Battalion size ground units with vehicles and equipment.
- GS-54 Boar
- This V/STOL aircraft has a 2 man crew and is specialized to provide close air support to ground forces. It is armored to sustain multiple direct hits and still operate. Armaments range from laser guided missiles, rockets, and 20-30mm auto-canons.
- F-32 Merlin Fighter
- A single engine fighter spacecraft utilized by the AIF and SDF. The Slasher is used in several roles; to intercept other fighter type craft, harass enemy shipping, and interdict the space lanes. <Stealth Capable>
- FB-43 Roc Fighter Bomber
- A twin engine spacecraft utilized by the AIF and SDF. It serves multiple roles, either providing ground support to marines, or attacking hard targets such as stations and larger ships. <Stealth Capable>
- Judicator Class Carrier
- Each carrier is armored and armed with heavy weapons to provide close range protection. They are capable of carrying a wide range of smaller craft. Normal loads include 14 fighter squadrons (12-14 Merlin Class Fighters), 6 fighter bomber squadrons (12-14 Roc Class Fighter Bombers) and 50+ Sparrowhawk class shuttles. Crew complement, approximately 5,000 enlisted and officers.
- Resolute Class Super Carrier
- Currently there is only one of these known to exist. The AIF Resolute has become the flagship of the entire AI Fleet. Its hull is protected by multiple layers of armor. Various weapon systems have been employed to provide the Resolute with short to mid range capabilities. 22 fighter squadrons and 12 fighter bomber squadrons make up the ship's main offensive weapons. Additionally, over 80 shuttles and other support craft complete this massive ship's manifest. Crew Complement, approzimately 10,000 enlisted and officers.
- Guardian Class Battle Station
- Currently there are 12 of these commissioned within the AIF. They are massive armored battle platforms bristling with heavy weapons and capable of launching fighters, fighter bombers and shuttles. Each one will typically have a garrison of 1 Marine regiment and all support personnel as well as crew and officers to operate the massive station. The stations are jump capable and have been known to join with AIF Fleets to provide heavy fire support and additional ground forces for assaults. Usual loads include 30 fighter squadrons, 14 fighter bomber squadrons, and hundreds of shuttle craft. Capital ships can dock with the Guardian(Carrier, Dreadnaughts, etc.).
The Motor Pool
- M3A2Thor Main Battle Tank
- The Thor is a heavily armored hover tank with a redundant track system. In hover the Thor can reach speeds of 140kph over open terrain or water. In track mode the speed is reduced to approximately 72kph. The Thor's main armament is the M32 200mm Rapid Fire Gauss Cannon. Two .50 caliber machine guns provide close support support fire. The Thor also has multiple smoke grenade launchers. These specialized grenades create a smoke screen that not only limit normal vision and optics but also hinder IR and nor sensor sweeps. Targeting computer can track up to 12 independent targets and links the vehicle to other ground units as well as CIC for RT Intel updates. Crew: 3 humans, more recent models have been upgraded to house a single AI to run the vehicle.
- M22 Loki Scout/Recon Vehicle
- The Loki is a lightly armored hover vehicle. It's used mainly for scouting enemy positions and recon. Top speed is approximately 400kph. Main armament is a 25mm rapid fire cannon with a 7.62mm machine gun for close support. The Loki also has multiple smoke grenade launchers. These specialized grenades create a smoke screen that not only limit normal vision and optics but also hinder IR and nor sensor sweeps.The Loki also has an integrated sensor suite and stealth capabilities, it's targeting computer . Crew size: 2
- M12 Tyr Infantry Fighting Vehicle
- The Tyr is a medium armored hover assault vehicle with redundant track system. In hover the Tyr can reach speeds of 140kph over open terrain or water. In track mode the speed is reduced to approximately 72kph. Main Armament M30 Rapid Fire Gauss Cannon with a .50 caliber machine gun for close support. The Tyr also has multiple smoke grenade launchers. These specialized grenades create a smoke screen that not only limit normal vision and optics but also hinder IR and nor sensor sweeps. The Tyr has a 3 man crew, and can carry 8 marines or 6 armored marines.
- M10 Odin Anti-Tank Anti-Missile Weapon System
- Lightly armored land capable wheeled vehicle, max speed 80kph. The Odin has a advanced sensor suite with AI assisted target acquisition. Primary Weapon is the M102 Dual ScramJet Missile Launcher 100 Round Capacity. Secondary Weapons include 2 Massdriver Anti Missile Air Defense systems, and 4 Point Def AP Lasers.
(note: all ships and other craft/vehicles are hardened against EMP.)